5.21.2011

striped table runner


Last night I made a simple runner for our kitchen table using a couple of cotton prints I found on clearance.
{Hmm...I tend to say "on clearance" a lot, don't I?  I'll admit; there was definitely a period of time where I was addicted to buying cute clearance fabric.  And now I'm trying to use some of it.  Drawers stuffed with fabric do not close all that easily.  Okay, now you're all caught up.}

I didn't want the runner to stretch across the whole length of the table; in my opinion, that gets awkward for whoever sits at either end.  "Is it a placemat?  Is it a tablecloth?  Do I move it out of the way?  Why is it touching me??"  :o)

Plus my toddler is going through a phase where he thinks anything he can reach must be up for grabs, so he's always bringing me placemats, napkins, pencils, whatever.  So this runner is no more than a yard long, I'd say.  That's right, I didn't measure anything.  And the blue stripe was an afterthought, but I'm so glad I did it because it really makes the whole thing much more interesting.

I found this cute basket at Goodwill last week, and I'm thinking that filling it with lemons and/or limes would look so cute and summer-y on this runner.  But I only have a couple of lemons, and zero limes.  I guess for now this will have to do.


Maybe lemons will go on sale soon...  :o)

Linking up to Creations by Kara!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...