5.20.2011

super-quick bathroom curtain


So I finally got around to sewing something today...well, if you call a simple hemming job "sewing."  Which I do.  So there.  :o)

This was a curtain panel I found at Ross about a year ago.  I liked it, but it was the only one they had and for most of my windows, I would have needed two of these panels for adequate coverage.  I saw that it could work in my guest bath, but was really long, so today I hemmed it the best I could and hung it up.
 
And let me just say that sewing sheer fabric is kind of annoying.  I used a short stitch length and used a basket to "weigh down" the panel so it wouldn't slide around while I sewed, but my seams are still a bit crooked.  But then I had an epiphany.  The end of the panel that I hemmed (crooked seams and all) looked a lot like the top of the panel, which already had the pocket for the rod in it.  So I just flipped it around, used my gimpy sewn-up end as the rod pocket, and used the nice, professionally-sewn top for the bottom.  :o)

What do you think?

I'm worried it clashes a bit with the shower curtain, but maybe that's just because I'm not used to it yet.  And I felt comfortable using a sheer curtain in a bathroom because this window (like every other window in our house) has blinds on it as well.  Although the only way some weirdo could look in is if he was standing in our backyard, but still, I'm a fan of modesty as well as letting some sunshine in.  :o)

I might have to do some more window treatments now...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...