10.28.2011

goodwill trip

Today I ventured out to Goodwill and found some decent stuff.


That wooden box to the left is just begging for a few coats of spray paint.  Not sure what I'm going to use it for, but it was in such good shape I couldn't pass it up.  Same story with the rectangular basket to the right...I'm sure I'll find a job for it soon.

I love the antique look of the teapot.  It looks so nice up there with my canisters.


We just got an old set of Sesame Street books from my sister that her kids didn't want anymore, so I was excited to find a storybook that went right along with all those.  Since my kid can't be trusted with books with paper pages right now, this one's going in his closet with the rest of them. 

And by now I've realized I have a weakness for old children's readers, as seen with that book called "Along Friendly Roads."  It's from the 60's and it seems to have a lot of cowboy stories in it, so that might be good for my son when he's older.


I mean, this story has a cowboy named Texas Gus in it, and apparently it sheds light on what kind of music cows prefer.  How could I pass it up??

I also saw some really old-school 70's travel books for kids.  The pictures were really neat and they were all in good shape, but I know they were hopelessly outdated.  Case in point:  one of the books was called, "Let's Travel to the Soviet Union."  Nice.

Guess anything's better than "The Day My Butt Went Psycho."  I spotted this winner in the children's book section as well.  Seriously???  No wonder it ended up at Goodwill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...