6.03.2011

quick valances

My husband is out of town this week, so I'm trying to be super-productive while he's gone.  I finally got around to making valances for our bedroom windows:


Isn't that fabric pretty?  I found it at Hobby Lobby a couple of months ago.  It was on clearance for $4 a yard, which is a very good price considering the fact that it's heavier, home decor-weight kind of fabric.  I went ahead and got the remaining 3 yards on the bolt since I liked it so much.  I made two of these valances, lined them with brown broadcloth, and added a wide brown ribbon to the bottom to make them more interesting.

Since I was on a roll with the sewing, I also made a valance for our bathroom window, which I absolutely LOVE.


This one's made out of cotton fabric from Jo-Ann, and I found the ribbon at Michael's; if you look closely, you can see little blue dots on each side that complement the blue in the fabric.  And I'm sure if you look really closely you can tell that my seams aren't the straightest and the bottom might be a tad crooked.  But I don't care.  Valances are very forgiving in that respect.  And they are good for a house with a toddler since they are WAY out of his reach.  :o)

I also made one for my kitchen; as soon as I get it hung up I'll show you how it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...