8.30.2011

fall leaves pillow cover

 

You may have read in a previous post that I am SO ready for fall to get here.  Here's a project I finished up today in anticipation of my favorite season!  Oh, and plus I have a TON of fabric scraps that really need to be used for something.


This may not look like a lot of scraps to you, but trust me, this basket is stuffed almost beyond capacity!

A couple of months ago, I came across this pillow over at Cluck Cluck Sew and really wanted to do one of my own.  So this week, I grabbed some fall-colored scraps out of my scrap basket and got to town.


I decided to make a pillow slipcover so that I could change it out easily and not have to worry about putting the whole pillow somewhere during other seasons.  I also decided to use some of the canvas from the dropcloth I bought for this project, since I figured that would make a nice backdrop for the leaves.

I used iron-on adhesive to make the tree trunk and leaves stick to the canvas, and then sewed the edges to make sure they would stay put.


Then I just cut two pieces for the back and sewed everything together; I followed these directions over at Make It and Love It to get all the measurements right.  And bonus:  I got to use the hemmed edges of the dropcloth for the back pieces, so that let me skip the whole process of hemming them myself.

Once I was done, I turned it right-side out and stuffed my pillow form in.  Done.


I really like how it turned out, especially because I didn't have to buy anything to make it.  Always a good thing.

Linked up to Creations by Kara and A Little Tipsy!

9 comments:

  1. I love it! I wish I had fabric scraps so I could make one myself. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this! Fall is my favorite season and this is so fun with all the different colors! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was inspired, THANK YOU! http://aidenandmaya.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-leaves-pillow.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...