7.27.2011

paisley nursing cover

I had the opportunity to make another nursing cover, this time for a friend who is expecting her third child in a couple of months!  This friend also sews, but having two small boys makes it harder for her to find the time to do it, so I offered to make her this as a gift.  She told me which colors she prefers, so hopefully this fits the bill!


The process was pretty much the same as with the other cover I made, only this time I also added some dark green bias tape to the top and bottom to help bring the two fabrics together (and maybe also to cover up some really crooked seams...oops!).

I got the turquoise paisley fabric at Jo-Ann, and I got the coordinating fabric a few years ago when I first discovered the wonder that is Hobby Lobby.  :o)


As with the other cover, there is also boning at the top of the cover to help Mommy see Baby...although I can never find half-inch boning, so I had to settle for quarter-inch instead.  Still does the trick, I just had to make the pocket for it smaller (and again, the bias tape border did a great job at hiding that extra seam!).


So here's to happy nursing.  And being modest while doing it.  :o)

Linked up to Creations by Kara!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy I found your blog through Kara's linky party today. :) I love it!
    I'd like to invite you to share your creations sometime at my weekly linking party as well. I am really trying to grow my party to include lots of creative projects just like this one. Thanks for the consideration and here is the direct link if you'd like to check it out :). ~ Tracy
    T.G.I.F. Linky Party

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...