6.07.2011

"gone postal" picture frame


And yet another addition to my mudroom....using stamps from the same collection I used for the mail holder.  I actually started this project months ago, but never finished it.  The stamps were already Mod Podge'd onto the matte, so the other day I just spray-painted and distressed the frame a little more; I don't have a before picture, but the frame was a dark brown and just kinda boring.  :o)

As you can see, I don't have anything in the frame yet, but I liked how it looked so much I went ahead and hung it up next to my mail holder.  I like all the contrasting colors and pictures on the stamps and how they all stand out against the color of the frame.


I also added a simple plaque I found on clearance at Michael's for less than two bucks.  The hangers on the back were lopsided (perhaps the reason why it was on clearance!), so I used more twine to hang it up instead.


See now I just need to find something to put in there and then we'll really be in business.  :o)

Linking up to Creations by Kara!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...