3.17.2011

in the kitchen: mint chocolate chip cookies

 

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Usually wearing something green is all I do to commemorate this holiday, but when I came across this mint chocolate chip cookie recipe from Betty Crocker I decided some green cookies couldn't hurt.  Plus I'm a fan of any cookie recipe that starts with sugar cookie mix; sometimes making things totally from scratch is overrated, especially when you have a toddler hanging all over you and you just want to take the easy way!  :o)

I modified the recipe just a little.  The recipe calls for 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract and 6 to 8 drops of green food coloring, so I put the smaller amount of each ingredient in first, figuring I could add more later.  For me, these amounts were perfect, which is good since I was nervous about my cookies either a) tasting like toothpaste, or b) coming out yucky neon green.  Neither sounds appetizing, right?

Plus I only added 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips since the one cup of creme de menthe chips already seemed like plenty for the amount of dough I had.  Again, just personal preference.

So go check out this recipe and make these cookies.  They're super yummy.  Trust me, I've already eaten one.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...